A safer way to advertise with TwitterAllison Gibson
Twitter safety is all the buzz right now and advertisers are jumping ship. Should you?
Twitter has historically been an advertising giant with over $4B in ad revenues last year. Top advertisers on Twitter have included big names like Anheuser-Busch, Apple, Capital One, CBS, Coca-Cola, Best Buy Co, Google, IBM, Mondelez, P&G,
Musk promised brand safety, but the initial rollout of the “blue checks” has led to all kinds of problems. Parody accounts are posing a serious risk to brands (Eli Lilly lost $15B in market cap as a result) and as a result advertisers are done with being patient and have decided enough is enough. Musk has also cleaned house and fired half of the developer, moderation, and privacy teams. Experts expect the brand safety concerns to get worse before they get better.
IPG and Omnicom have already recommended advertisers pause their Twitter spend or move it elsewhere. What can smart brands do instead of advertising on Twitter?
DRUM ROLL PLEASE…. Social Mirror Ads.
Social Mirror ads look like your social media display or video posts but appear on other websites and apps, linking back to the social media platform and your website, and run across all devices using our targeting strategies. We are “mirroring” the EXACT look of your social post as an ad that runs on thousands of OTHER websites and apps, targeted just to the people you want to reach across all devices. Social Mirror ads can be done with any organic or paid posts from your business account on these 8 social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest, Snapchat, or YouTube and TWITTER.
And with Social Mirror the best part is the ad has three call-to-action opportunities:
- Clicks on the Social Media logo and your profile image, take the users to your Social Media business page.
- Clicks on the Call-To-Action button take the users to your website.
- Clicks on the Social Media icons below the ad take you to that post on your Social Media page
One aspect of Social Mirror ads that differs from that of Social Media Advertising is the ability to reach your target audience.
- Behavioral Categories – Showing your Social Mirror ads to specific consumers based on their previous on-line behavior, across all devices.
- Keywords – Showing your Social Mirror ads on webpages and apps that contain keywords related to your business, across all devices.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Showing your Social Mirror ads to people using machine learning to target consumers based on who is engaging with the ad, across all devices.
- Retargeting– Following people after they leave your website and showing them your Social Mirror ad, on other websites and apps they go to, across all devices.
- Custom Audience Matching and Look Alike – We target people (or businesses) on your list of emails, addresses, or phone numbers when they go online and show them Social Mirror ads when they are browsing across websites and apps.
Once we have uploaded your database, we’ll be able to provide you with an Insights Report. Just another advantage over traditional Social Media Advertising.
Twitter is aggressively trying to combat the negative news with his latest, “free speech” above all else on the platform and no longer stopping users from spreading false information about Covid or other vaccines. With Twitter in the news, Social Mirror Twitter creative is getting more attention than ever. CTRs are running 10-20% above expected CTR levels.
Businesses can repurpose the Twitter posts they’ve already built, remove Twitter icons, if a business is worried about safety concerns and perception and run them with full brand safety controls outside of Twitter. Or we can take Twitter creative and build them into any social format like Facebook or even LinkedIn.
Social Mirror is about as versatile as you can get and works well for many B2C and B2B businesses.
Shift those dollars from Twitter and let it be the star of your marketing plans!