Unknown Social Media Sites for Your Business.
No doubt about it, we are in the social media age. It is common and almost necessary for businesses to have a Facebook page, a Twitter page, and a LinkedIn page since it is one of the easiest (and least expensive) ways to publicize your company. However, there are a world of social media sites just waiting to be discovered. Tabby McFarland has written a list of 25 various social media accounts that are worth checking out for yourself and for your business. Out of those 25, the social media sites below will be most conducive for your growing business. In no particular order:
- RebelMouse: RebelMouse is extremely easy to use and allows you to “distribute live social content into ads, apps, sites, newsletters and displays” and all in real-time! It is very beneficial for marketers and media companies for this reason.
- Pheed: Pheed is beneficial for your business because it offers live broadcasts and a pay-per-view option, as well as being able to share video, text, music, and photos.
- Thumb: Thumb allows you to connect with other users and ask them a question in real time, as well as start discussions. Digital Marketing forum anyone?
- Medium: Medium is a blogging platform that aims to give higher-quality tools than the ones that are available for bloggers already. In addition, blogs can be recommended by users and sorted by topic.
- Learnist: Learnist is my personal favorite because it’s a social media site devoted to learning! This allows users to create ‘Learnboards’ and provides lessons and resources.
- Xing: Xing is similar to LinkedIn, but they have additional features such as allowing you to contact companies and check out job opportunities. It is a platform for business networking.
- Rounds: Rounds is a live communication platform that offers instant group video chat, photo and video sharing, and games (for when you need a break).
These social media websites are untapped resources for a growing business. Although they are not the most run-of-the-mill sites, they each offer something unique that will help publicize your company, or help you handle your business smoothly.